Join Frederic, France's most popular photographer and instructor, to capture Paris' heavenly spots like a Pro! While strolling through the City of Light most picturesque quarters, Frederic shares insight on some of his favorite photography techniques, and cover topics that feature the elegance and charm of his native city.
Frederic is a 30-year experienced reporter and photographer whose long list of accomplishments include Gamma Agency for eighteen years, Grands Reportages French magazine for fifteen years, and more.
He travels extensively throughout the world, from New-York to Hong-Kong, Vancouver, Cape Town, Hanoï, Tallin, Rome, Madrid... capturing countries, cities and villages traditional lifestyle.
As a portrait photographer as well, he's been appointed to meet and photography celebrity writers such as Mary Higgins Clark, William Styron, Toni Morrison, J.M Coetzee, Tom Wolfe, Jim Harrison, V.S Naipaul, Paulo Coelho, Margaret Atwood, Alexandre Soljenitsyne.... as well as musicians like Ray Charles.
Under a professional photographer's directions, you capture authentic candids, use blur to convey motion, find compelling angles for “look up", and perhaps try these techniques at night.
Whether you are looking to improve your personal photography skills or simply capture the best of Paris for keeping an unforgettable memory of your journey in the City of Light, this class will set you on the right path for fulfilling your photography goals.
As you explore Paris by walking, and especially its historic quarters with cobble stoned streets and stairs, please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately. Please remind we don't provide cameras, so each participant must bring his or her own material (reflex, bridge or smartphone last generations). The class lasts 4 hours. It's confirmed with 2 participants, and it's limited to 6 people.
• Paris through American artists and celebrities, from Heminghway to Josephine Baker, Coco Chanel, Julia Child, Gertrude Stein…
• Paris Left Bank (Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Latin Quarter)
• Paris from the 17th to the 19th century (including shopping malls and passageways)
• Paris, Seine river and its Islands (including Notre-Dame and Ile Saint-Louis)
• Paris and its villages (Montmartre, La Butte aux Cailles…)
• Paris and its gardens (Luxembourg, Palais Royal, Tuileries…)
• Paris and its royal squares (Place des Vosges, Place Dauphine, Place Vendôme, Palais Royal…)
• Paris through its cafés, brasseries, and bistrots…
$130 per person (4 to 6 people booked together)
$180 per person (private class for 2 people)
When: Year-round upon request, Monday-Sunday, morning or afternoon.