Loire Valley Cooking & Cultural Tour
Cooking with Corinne in the Loire Valley
$3,950.00 – $4,820.00
A CHEERFUL COOKING ADVENTURE IN A ROMANTIC DESTINATION WELL-KNOWN FOR ITS CHATEAUX, SCENIC TOWNS AND GASTRONOMY
6 days / 5 nights
♦ Luxury Hotel or Charming B&B accommodation
♦ 3 hands-on cooking classes celebrating the French and local cuisine
♦ Daily breakfasts, luncheons and dinners
♦ Market tour and visit to local producers
♦ Cultural guided tours
♦ Transfers and transportation by private van
Before booking this tour,
please contact Corinne at +33(0)626 815 015 (WhatsApp)
or by email
Majestic Loire Valley!
A cheerful culinary adventure combined to a French romantic destination known for its magnificent chateaux, spectacular scenery, and exquisite gastronomy… The Loire Valley is unique!
Located in central France, about three hours away from Paris, the Loire Valley is a very attractive region for its history and heritage. This tour pays tribute to the Renaissance era through the stunning Royal Chateaux and Gastronomy.
Cooking with Corinne in the Loire Valley is a Lifestyle Vacations’ original tour combining gourmet and cultural experiences. The tour starts and ends in Tours, one-hour distance by TGV train from downtown Paris and 1h50 from Paris CDG international airport.
The itinerary includes morning and afternoon cooking classes followed by food and wine pairing tasting lunch or dinner. Each one lasts about 3 hours, and it’s taught in English. It leaves half-days for visits and guided cultural tours. You will visit local producers, and experience the food market shopping. Chenonceau and Amboise royal Chateaux will be visited in a full-day excursion.
Cooking Classes & Gourmet Experiences
The Loire Valley is well named “the Garden of France”, offering superb fresh produce aside to river fish, fowl and cheese displayed on colorful markets. The limestone underground from which the Tuffeau white stone was extracted to build houses, manors and chateaux offer the perfect balance of temperature and humidity to cultivate mushrooms.
The Loire Valley has always been a source of inspiration for the cooks and the chefs.
The delicious upside-down caramelized apple Tatin, Cremet d’Anjou – a mix of whipped cream, cottage cheese and whisked egg whites – the famous Pithiviers, a puff pastry pie filled with almond cream… are just a few examples.
The Loire Valley is also reputed for its cheese. The mild local goat cheese such as Selles-sur-Cher, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Valençay will be a part of your meals. Same for the wines. Val de Loire is one of the largest wine regions producing a delectable complement to the gastronomic credentials. Varied soil and climate give a definitive expression of popular wine grapes such as Sauvignon blanc, Chenin blanc and Cabernet Franc. The vineyards are divided into five areas including Touraine with its own wines and varietals. The Loire Valley is France’s 3rd largest region in terms of production, and the vineyards are the 4th largest one in the country with 63 appellations (AOC).
When it’s time to cook, join Corinne in her home nearby Chaumont-sur-Loire. You will partake in 3 hands-on cooking classes to learn how to prepare and to cook traditional meals including a starter, a main course, and a dessert to celebrate the French and the Loire Valley cuisines. Aperitif and tasting lunch or dinner accompanied by wine, mineral water, coffee or herbal tea follows each class.
Sample menus can include a sautéed scallops with an orange sauce, asparagus (if you come in Spring) served with a hollandaise sauce, fish mousse on toasted bread, zander fish served with a beurre blanc sauce, chicken supreme with sautéed seasonal vegetables, fruits tart, etc.
Cultural Guided Tours
Loire Valley Cooking & Cultural exclusive Tour highlights the history of France through cultural guided tours and visits. You will visit Blois, Chenonceau and Amboise royal Chateaux, Le Clos Lucé, Chaumont and Chambord in addition to the quaint villages to admire on the way. You will have time free at your leisure for shopping in Blois and in Amboise.
- Chateau of Blois which was King Louis XII and Queen Anne of Brittany residence at the 15th century, then of King Francis the First and Queen Claude de France, before being the scene of the murder of the Duke of Guise by the guards of King Henri III, and the death place of Queen Catherine de Medici. Joan of Arc came to Blois in 1429, asking the Archbishop of Reims to bless her before she departed with her army to drive the English from Orleans.
- Chateau of Chenonceaux sitting over the Cher river is the “Ladies Chateau” as it owes a large part of its charm to women. It was built in 1513 by Katherine Briconnet, then made even more attractive by Diane de Poitiers and Catherine De Medici, and saved from the rigors of the French Revolution by Mrs Dupin. The chateau is surrounded by very pretty formal gardens.
- Chateau of Amboise (combined with the nearby Clos Lucé) is inextricably linked to the history of France, from the 15th to the 19th century, well-known as King Charles VIII and Queen Anne of Brittany’s residence. Amboise gained international recognition thanks to King Francis I twenty years after the death of Charles VIII. Upon Francis I’s invitation, the Italian genius Leonardo Da Vinci retired in Amboise in 1516. He packed his bags (and several of his favorite paintings including the Mona Lisa) and spent the last three years of his life in the Clos Lucé manor, which was Francis I childhood residence. Leonardo Da Vinci is buried in the Royal Chapel of the Chateau of Amboise, as the Clos Lucé is a must-seen museum featuring Leonardo’s residence as well as his fabulous inventions and works of art.
- Chateau of Chambord, considered as France’s biggest chateau after Versailles is a pure Renaissance-style jewel, the witness of King Francis I power, support and taste for the arts. The French King used it as a hunting lodge and only stayed there a few days of his life…
- Chateau of Chaumont-sur-Loire was the property of Catherine De Medici, Diane de Poitiers and Princess de Broglie. It’s known for its poetry due to the numerous arts exhibitions hosted and especially for its international Garden Festival scheduled from April through November, each year.
Chic B&B or Relais & Chateaux 4-star Hotel Accommodation
Loire Valley Cooking and Cultural Tour features B&B or 4-star hotel Relais & Chateaux accommodation that you choose according to your wishes, comfort and budget.
1/ L’Onzaine is a chic B&B offering 5 beautifully decorated rooms; each one with its private toilets and bathroom and with all modern amenities.
2/ Les Hauts de Loire is a luxury Relais & Chateaux 4-star hotel, a former 19th century hunting pavilion nestled in 170 acres tree shaded park. The hotel offers 31 spacious rooms and suites with en-suite bathrooms. Preserving the historic charm and comfort that you love, staying at Les Hauts de Loire will provide an unforgettable Loire Valley getaway.
Whatever you choose the bed and breakfasts or the 4-star luxury hotel, Onzaine or Hauts de Loire are both located a couple of miles away from the Corinne’s home and cooking school where you will partake in cooking lessons and enjoy delicious food and wine pairing meals, aside to gourmet experiences in Michelin-starred restaurants. Daily transportation from/to your hotel is provided and included in the tour price.
Day 1 (Sunday) : Welcome to the scenic Loire Valley
Tours TGV train station private transfer to your hotel.
Afternoon check-in and resting time.
At 6pm, transfer to Corinne’s home to enjoy a Welcome Aperitif & Dinner.
Day 2 (Monday) : Chaumont (village, chateau & gardens) – Private Cruise on the Loire river w/picnic lunch – Visit to a winery – Cooking class followed by dinner
Breakfast at the hotel.
At 9:30am, meet Corinne at your hotel. Transfer to Chaumont-sur-Loire nearby village to visit the chateau and its gardens.
At noon, at the port of Chaumont, you will board on a futreau traditional wood boat to enjoy a 2-hour cruise on the Loire river including a picnic that Corinne would have prepared.
At 4pm, join Corinne in the kitchen to partake in your first cooking class celebrating the Loire Valley cuisine. Food and wine pairing tasting dinner follows.
Transfer to your hotel.
Day 3 (Tuesday) : Full-day guided Cultural & Gourmet Tour to Amboise and Chenonceaux
After breakfast, transfer to Amboise.
Visit to the royal Chateau and time free for shopping in town.
Visit to Le Clos Lucé (a tribute to Leonardo Da Vinci).
Lunch in Amboise.
Visit to one of the top-10 Loire Valley winery in Amboise.
Transfer to Chenonceaux.
Visit to Chenonceau royal Chateau & Gardens (King Henri II, Queen Catherine de Medici and Diane of Poitiers’ former residence).
Transfer to your hotel
Dinner at Corinne’s home.
Day 4 (Wednesday) : Blois (market, chateau & town historic quarter) – Lunch followed by visit to a winery – Cooking class followed by dinner
After breakfast, transfer to Blois.
Marketplace tour and food shopping (including time free for your own shopping)
Visit to the Royal chateau.
2-course Lunch in Blois followed by a walking tour through the historic quarter.
Transfer to your hotel or to Corinne’s home for a resting time.
At 4pm, join Corinne in the kitchen to partake in your second cooking class celebrating the French traditional cuisine. The class is followed by the food and wine pairing tasting dinner.
Transfer to your hotel.
Day 5 (Thursday) : Cooking Class followed by lunch – Afternoon visit to Chambord – Farewell Michelin-starred dinner
After breakfast, transfer to Corinne’s home and cooking school.
Cooking class starting at 10am followed by tasting lunch.
Transfer to Chambord (guided visit to the Renaissance chateau, park and gardens).
Transfer to your hotel.
7pm : Pick up at your hotel. Transfer to Blois.
7:30pm : Michelin-star 6-courses Farewell Dinner
Transfer to your hotel.
Day 6 (Friday) : Transfer to Tours TGV station. End of the tour
After breakfast, check-out.
Transfer to Tours TGV train station.
End of the tour.
June 4-9, 2023
October 22-27, 2023
In 2024, this tour is offered upon request from May to October. Please contact us for additional information and assistance. Thank you.
Tour is confirmed with 4 people, and it’s limited to 6 participants. Reservation in advance is strongly recommended.